Friday 12 July 2013

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer vs YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch

So I know this product has been around for a really long time, but I had been using the YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer. And I decided to try this, since I had read that it was such a good dupe.

I use 1 in the YSL Touche Eclat, so when  I went out to purchase the Maybelline Dream Lumi, I brought my Touche Eclat to try match the colour. Unforunately, there wasn't one that matched exactly. There are only 3 shades in Australia (Ivory, Nude and Sand). I quite liked how Ivory and Nude seemed to blend, but thought I'd go for Ivory since I wanted it mostly for under my eyes.

After having worn the Touche Eclat under one eye and Dream Lumi under another for two days, I feel the Touche Eclat does seem to highlight better, but the Dream Lumi is better with coverage. That being said, the Dream Lumi does a pretty good job with highlighting also and is definitely a great "drugstore" product.

They feel quite similar on, and the brushes used to apply are very similar.

The biggest different I must point out is the pen. With the Touche Eclat applicator pen, you just click and get a good amount with 1-2 pushes. But with the Dream Lumi, you have to twist, and you don't exactly know how much you'll get coming out, or perhaps I'm still getting the hang of it.

Overall, the Maybelline is an extremely good dupe. It retails for around $16 in Sydney, Australia compared to $55 for the YSL Touche Eclat. The Touche Eclat is definitely better with the clicking and highlighting. However, the Maybelline is extremely good value for money, works very well as a highlighter AND concealer.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer


YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch



  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment