Sunday 16 February 2014

Lush Dream Cream

To make up for my extremely short post yesterday, I'm posting today :)

I've tried this cream for about a month now, and I love it. I read up multiple reviews raving about how beneficial Lush's Dream Cream was for eczema and dry, sensitive skin and how it worked even when prescription creams didn't work. Being someone who had eczema and dry skin, I had to get my hands on this.

Dream Cream Body Lotion
Image source: Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Australia

Lush Dream Cream Body Lotion

I had been reacting to sunscreens lately so I decided I had to try this cream before I made the purchase. Many reviews did say they were bothered by the scent, although it was a great cream. So that was another consideration. As usual, I was greeted by a lovely sales assistant who asked what I was after. When I mentioned I had heard great things about the "dream cream", and just wanted to try it in case I was allergic. She told me it was one of their best sellers and offered to give me a sample for me to try at home. This was the first time I was given a sample without a sale. But I must say, I really, really appreciate the gesture. I'm sure Lush will never stumble across this post, but it has really allowed me to trial the cream and I will definitely be back to purchase it. I left knowing I will know for sure, whether I am, or not allergic to the dream cream, whereas, it will take me a couple of days to be confident if I was trying. (I had only recently been told by my doctor that delayed reactions can occur - as I have found out with my allergy to the sunscreens I had been using).

Now, after all that ranting, the cream. As it is Summer here in Sydney, it was a light cream, that did not feel heavy, but did really help to moisturise my hands. I mainly used this on my hands, as this was the area that was most dry with some eczema problems. The first day, I noticed with a few applications, in between hand washing, the eczema scabs had disappeared. I was very impressed. So I continued to use this with high expectations. As the month went on and I used this bottle, I also used this less, mainly at night (when I am at home and the cream is easily accessible).

To get good results, you do need to continually apply this (as with most creams and moisturisers), so you may need to put this in a travel container when you're away from home to keep the benefits up. When my eczema was flaring and my skin was swelling, irritable and itchy, I felt this was the ultimate test. I did feel it helped with the itchiness, although it did not compare to my prescriptions as some reviews had said. Which, I'll admit, I'm not surprised. But I'm happy to apply anything that'll help that is not medicated. I did honestly hope for it to help a bit more with all the reviews I had read/heard though. Once it settled, in the morning, the cream was great to help with the dryness of my skin. But again, constant application is definitely recommended, as per all creams and lotions.

So, it definitely isn't a miracle cream, but it DID have an impact on my eczema. It definitely helps with constant application throughout the day and makes a great difference. Oh and the scent. It is a strong, tea-tree oil scent, which isn't for everyone, but I really didn't mind it at all.

What I really wonder now, is the difference between this and helping hands - something I've also heard great things about. I'm ready to go out and purchase the full size of Lush Dream Cream and put a travel size in my hand bag for when I'm out and about because I'm determined that this is what will help with my eczema. But Helping hands, designed for nurses and others who have to constantly wash their hands, is also very intriguing. If you have tried both of these, let me know which has worked better for you!

Otherwise, I will be off to purchase dream cream. And please stay tuned for my next post. It will be my first D.I.Y, a body butter inspired by Lush and Ann Le or Annorshine.

Announcement: I've just made a Twitter account, follow me @doseofsprinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment