Saturday 15 March 2014

D.I.Y Lip Scrub

First of all, I'm going to apologise for this SUPER DUPER late post! I'm really, really sorry! I had everything bought (and made) three weeks ago so I could post this two weeks ago. But as uni started, I got sick and at the same time was lumped with uni work (and work as well).

For those who saw my last post or follow me on twitter, my original DIY didn't go as planned... even after I made it again. I'm not too sure what exactly went wrong, so I thought I'd change the DIY I was going to post.

This is a SUPER EASY  & FAST DIY that I really love. I've been using this for the past 3 weeks as well and it's my lips feel great! :) It's also very easily modifiable but I'll detail that below.

Let's get started!

What you'll need:

  • 1 teaspoon of sugar - I recommend brown or caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
  • half a teaspoon of petroleum jelly (I used Vaseline)
  • A travel container/empty cosmetic container for storage
  • Vanilla essence OR your choice of flavouring (for smell :) )

Side note - in the photos, I didn't use one teaspoon of the ingredients as my container was super small, so I had to portion down. But I've recommended one teaspoon for a decent size and even consistency.


What to do:

1. Place sugar into your mixing container OR directly into your travel jar if it is big enough - remember you'll be mixing later!


2. Pour in one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil 
 

3. Mix in one teaspoon of petroleum jelly - MIX WELL!


4. If you want to give your lip scrub some nice smelling flavour, add 1-2 drops of EDIBLE vanilla essence, or another flavour of your choice. Alternatively, you can add a spice - for example, cinnamon. I recommend a tiny sprinkle. Any more will be very overpowering! and don't forget to MIX it in! :)

5. If you mixed in a separate container, place into your travel container.


HOW TO USE:

Apply like a regular lip balm, however the sugar will act as an exfoliant and help to bring out a natural redness to your lips. As it is a scrub, just rub it in a little bit more than you usually would!

Also, as I did edit my last post after I made my twitter account..

I GOT A TWITTER ACCOUNT!!! @doseofsprinkle

and to be completely honest - I'm completely new to the twitter scene. So I really have no idea about it =P So please, bear with me. It's been really quiet. If you guys do make this, please show me #doseofsprinkle and please tell me what flavour you chose to add, if any!





No comments:

Post a Comment